Requisition # HRC0536698
Principal Investigator, Lena Heung, MD, PhD is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
Dr. Lena Heung is recruiting a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to join her research group in the Women’s Guild Lung Institute! The Heung Lab studies the role of innate immune cells in the response to opportunistic fungal infections in the lungs. The ideal applicant should have an interest in immunology and host-pathogen interactions and prior experience in flow cytometry, tissue culture, microbiology, molecular biology (e.g., ELISA, RT-PCR, Western blotting, cloning), and rodent studies (e.g., infections, dissection, bone marrow chimeras, adoptive transfer). Bioinformatics and computational experience would be an advantage.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
In this role, the Postdoctoral Scientist will be expected to work independently under the direction of the Principal Investigator (P.I.) as well as in cooperation with other research staff. As a Postdoctoral Scientist, perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period and may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. The post doc is responsible for analyzing and interpreting data.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and performing experiments; analyzing, interpreting and compiling data for presentation; maintaining appropriate written and electronic records.
- Performing routine and complex laboratory procedures; developing, adapting and implementing new research techniques and protocols.
- Assisting with training of junior lab members and participation in collaborations with other investigators.
- Participation in publications and presentations as a main author or co-author.
- Submitting fellowship proposals and assisting the PI with grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Operating and maintaining equipment and instruments.
- Complying with all laboratory safety standards and policies.
- Appropriate monitoring and care of the rodent colony as related to the research project.
- Scheduling flexibility including evening, weekend and holiday rotation commitment, travel may be required.
Experience and Skillset:
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental procedures (including detailed data collection and analysis), excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, advanced computer skills, and the ability to work across disciplines and functional units.
- Knowledge, analysis, operation and maintenance of specialized equipment and safety standards.
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell culture, handling microbial samples, cellular and molecular biology techniques, and rodent handling is a plus.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Infectious Diseases - Heung Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
Apply Now Apply Later