The Admissions Counselor works as a member of the Admissions Team, assisting the Director of Admissions & Vice President for Enrollment with managing all aspects of the admissions funnel for prospective students, including an assigned geographic territory.
Reports directly to the Director of Admissions. Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information. Performs all duties in compliance with applicable college policies and procedures and state and federal requirements.
· Manage all aspects of recruiting efforts in order to meet stated recruitment goals
· Study and thoroughly understand all of the academic programs being offered at the College. Be able to inform and counsel prospective students and families
· Coordinate the scholarship process and effectively work with the financial aid office to maintain awards
· Travel extensively throughout assigned areas, making contact with prospective students through career fairs, job fairs, and high school visits
· Contact and follow-up with prospective students, applicants, and admitted students and/or parents via mail, phone, text and e-mail
· Build relationships with parents, guidance counselors, and other internal and external constituents
· Monitor and respond to student inquiries and student applications for admission
· Utilize CRM and institutional software to assist in the tracking and monitoring of prospective students in order to maximize the best recruiting strategy
· Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the high school counselors and community college counselors
· Plan and coordinate on-campus visits, college tours, and other events and activities designed to make Presentation College a highly visible and respected institution of higher learning
· Provide reports on recruiting and admissions activities to the Director of Admissions
· Conduct other recruiting and admissions activities as directed by the Director of Admissions, such as registration days, visit days, group tours and various other campus events
· Maintain and develop relationships with faculty and staff of the College
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Training
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably with at least two years of work experience in a related field.
Knowledge and Experience
Ability to convey a professional manner, representing the College and its mission. Creatively, cooperatively, actively participate as an Admissions Team member, exhibiting team building and team communication skills. Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal and public relations skills and marketing abilities. Be self-starting, take the initiative, and exhibit a sense of urgency regarding Team projects and goals. Demonstrate flexibility and ability to multi-task several projects. Ability to travel extensively to recruiting and admissions responsibilities.
Normal temperature working environment
Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment
Friendly, teamwork type of work environment
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.