Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a full-time, Athletics Equipment Manager in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating all operations of the Equipment Room for Athletics including the maintenance of all athletic equipment through purchase, repair, inventory, proper securing, etc., in all athletics facilities and supervision of Equipment Room staff. The individual in this position plans and initiates a system of issuances, collection and storage of equipment and supplies and manages laundry services. He/she will also perform other duties and responsibilities related to the above that do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position. This position requires an excellent work ethic along with exceptional motivational and communication skills. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
• 3 years equipment management in a University or professional sports environment
• Thorough knowledge of athletic equipment and supplies used in athletics, physical education and intramural and recreation activities as well as equipment standards for health and safety
• Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively work with State purchasing regulations
• Demonstrated inventory management and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Current Connecticut driver’s license and ability to lift 100 pounds
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in practice and game day responsibilities
• Certified or working toward certification from the Athletic Equipment Manager’s Association
• Experience and ability to reconcile all shipping and receiving activities within prescribed timelines
• Demonstrated understanding of NCAA rules compliance
For full consideration, applications must be received by May 30, 2019. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information and application instructions go to: www.ccsu.edu/jobs.