Provost and VP of Academic Affairs
Holy Names University is currently seeking applications for the position of Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. Appointed by and reporting directly to the university President, the Provost/VPAA serves as the chief academic officer providing leadership for all academic activities at the university. A member of the President's Cabinet, the Provost is the second ranking officer of the University and serves as a leader of the institution in the absence of the President. The Provost works in close collaboration with the President, Board of Trustees, Vice-Presidents, Deans, Faculty, and Staff in advancing HNU's values of leadership, service and social justice. The Provost/VPAA will:
- Lead the Division of Academic Affairs with integrity, transparency and a commitment to shared responsibilities.
- Enable the professional development and advancement of faculty teaching, scholarship and creative activity, and service.
- Foster an environment that enhances and values academic excellence including high-quality instruction, research and creative activity, service and experiential learning initiatives among faculty, staff and students.
- Institute a data-informed, transparent, and consultative decision-making process
- Stimulate increased institution-wide focus on student success including persistence, progress, and degree completion.
- Develop strategies that emphasize and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for academic administrative departments including: Registrar, Library, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Institutional Research, and the Raskob Day School
- Collaborate to implement the strategic plan including helping to develop the annual budget that aligns resources with strategic priorities.
- Engage with colleagues to assure diligence in aligning academic resources with strategic objectives to achieve the outcomes of the strategic plan and the mission of the university.
- Collaborate with the university's leadership team, including strategic agenda setting for the Board of Trustees.
HNU seeks an experienced, innovative academic leader with an earned doctorate and a record of excellence in scholarship and teaching who is committed to student success, and will effectively work to advance the mission and values of Holy Names University. The new Provost/VPAA should be available to take office in July of 2019.
Screening will begin in February and continue until an appointment is made. Nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest (cover letter, CV, and the names of five references) should be directed electronically in confidence to HR@hnu.edu