As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for five consecutive years.
The Michael G. Foster School of Business has an outstanding opportunity for a Program Manager (Continuing Education Coordinator).
The Program Manager reports to the Associate Director in the Executive Education Department and works with program staff to implement Executive Education’s strategic plan to achieve its goals. This person will oversee daily program management of assigned programs; implements methods to continuously improve the various departmental processes, vendor relationships, and develops and maintains a high standard of excellence regarding all program activities, particularly with regards to the quality, consistency, and integration of all program materials, books, visual aids, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
On-going program execution
1. Create, manage and deliver Executive Education programs designed to support business in a global economy.
2. Manage the delivery of quality programs and planning for domestic and international participants
3. Oversee daily program planning, management, and implementation (includes responding to program inquiries from the public, organizing all program materials for groups, assisting participants and faculty as needed during programs, assisting groups with local company visits during programs, and administering program evaluations.
4. Track the budget for each program and work with Executive Education fiscal specialist regarding all expense related items (invoices, credit card reconciliation, etc.).
5. Oversee logistics including location logistics, meals, printed materials, and all communication with attendees.
6. Develop and maintain a high standard of excellence regarding all program activities, particularly with regards to the quality, consistency, integration of all program materials, books, and visual aids.
7. Responsible for organizing and planning program debrief meetings at the conclusion of each program worked on.
8. Maintains program files (paper and electronic).
9. Travel may be required. This person may manage logistics for international trips (travel arrangements, meeting and interview scheduling, gifts, etc.).
General Management and Administration
1. Manage day to day program operations to include administration, communication, and organization.
Bachelor's Degree in Adult Education, Business Administration or other related studies required. 2-3 years progressively more challenging work experience, preferably in business or adult education.
Applicants must have exceptional organization skills, a very strong eye for detail, excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
Ability to make decisions independently with a minimum of supervision and to work successfully with individuals from diverse organizations and backgrounds.
Public speaking experience and comfort.
Experience working with international clients, especially those from China and other parts of Asia.
Experience with WeChat.
Fluency in Mandarin Chinese (spoken and written) highly desirable. (Please note: Sponsorship is unavailable for international applicants.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must be able to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) as required during programs.