Francis Marion University invites applications for the Associate Advising Director for the Center for Academic Success and Advisement (CASA). Build your career as a part of the advising and student success team at Francis Marion University. The successful candidate will provide academic counseling and guidance to undergraduate students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Offering proactive advising to students learning about the university environment and seeking a major and career path
· Guiding students in creating plans of study and registering for courses
· Encouraging students to utilize relevant campus services
· Working with students flagged through an early alert system
· Collaborating with other campus services, including tutoring, counseling, and career development
· Participating in projects as initiated by the Associate Provost for Advising.
· Master's Degree in relevant area
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience working with first-generation college students.
· Experience in providing academic advising and counseling to university students
· Experience in working with first-generation college students
· Enthusiasm for providing mentorship to students
· Ability to motivate students and provide encouragement and guidance to at-risk populations
· Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn registration and scheduling software; experience with Ellucian Colleague is preferred
· Ability to multitask and coordinate responses within a busy environment.
State Classification: Unclassified
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 18-66);
2) Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate);
4) The names, addresses (both mail and email), and telephone numbers of three references, and;
5) FM Staff Application.
To obtain the FM Staff Application, please visit:https://www.fmarion.edu/job/associate-advising-director-for-the-center-for-academic-success-and-advisement-18-66/
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.