The Admissions Advisor (Arizona) is responsible for enrolling prospective students for the University's undergraduate, graduate, graduate degree/certificate programs of their choice. The most appropriate candidate will be driven to meet and /or exceed objectives. As a telephone-based position, the successful Admissions Advisor will handle calls in a timely manner, as well as be results-driven, articulate, organized, and enthusiastic. The Admissions Advisor plays an integral role in helping our prospective students begin to achieve their educational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact prospective students and assist them with getting started on the path to enrollment, and address questions or concerns regarding the admissions process or programs of interest.
- Contact inquiring prospect students via the telephone or email in a timely manner, informing them about the University and its programs.
- Learning, understanding, and being able to articulate the academic programs and general policies and procedures of the institution.
- Participate in ethical and compliant admissions activities regarding prospective students
- Correctly provide requested information, or direct prospective student to appropriate department when necessary.
- Answer emails and phone calls within 24 hours, or inform student when they can expect requested information within 24 hours.
- Consistently update prospective student on important upcoming dates, and information needed to finalize the enrollment process.
- Continuously stay updated on policies and procedures, as provided by the University.
- Consistently meet/exceed expected efficiency and job performance requirements.
- Maintaining a relevant understanding of regulations associated with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) with regards to distribution of student information and ensuring regulations are followed at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' Degree
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in telephone customer service environment.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and listening abilities; dynamic telephone presence, active listening skills and adaptable interpersonal and public relations skills.
- A strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Must be able to represent the university in a professional manner, recruit and work with a diverse community and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Must be results oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- High integrity with ability to achieve goals in an ethical manner.
- Reliability and initiative, time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to change.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Admissions experience
- General knowledge of proprietary higher education market and industry.
- A demonstrated track record of success in achieving admissions goals along with exceptional customer service.
- General understanding of business, education, technology and health science programs of study.