1. Coordinates and administers apprenticeship agreements and is the point of contact and liaison with the apprentices and their employers.
2. Promotes and coordinates apprenticeship training in accordance with the standards outlined by the Department of Labor (DOL) and Prairie State College (PSC).
3. Registers apprentices and monitors their progress throughout the apprenticeship program. Coordinates learner/employer visits and reviews.
4. Provides academic and career advisement and case management for students who are participating in a PSC Apprenticeship program. Provides students the tools and resources to navigate their experience at PSC.
5. Ensures all regulatory standards related to the programs are maintained by employers and ensure all contractual requirements are fulfilled.
6. Compiles and evaluates statistical data on apprentice performance, overall and timely success, and make recommendations and take action as necessary to achieve agreed objectives.
7. Participates in regular meetings with employers and employees to ensure progress consistency, quality and support is maintained.
8. Markets apprentice vacancies through local mediums.
9. Uses a CRM (salesforce) to maintain up to date information about employer contact, visits etc.
10. Apply for relevant apprenticeship completion certifications; submit records to the DOL and adheres to compliance regulations and that they are in line with DOLrequirements.
11. Co-ordinate and participate in events, evenings and promotional activities as required to promote apprenticeship programs.
12. Develops new apprenticeship programs with faculty and employers as the industry dictates.
13. Seeks additional funding opportunities that will assist in the success of PSCapprenticeship programs.
14.Maintains effective positive relationships with participants, co-workers, program partners, referral sources, and employers.
15. Attends conferences, workshops, seminars, and meetings to enhance skills pertinent to this positions responsibility.
16. Serves on committees, internal and external, as applicable to the position’s requirements.
17. Other duties as may be reasonably required by the college.