EpiVax is a breakthrough biotechnology company located in the heart of downtown Providence, RI. We're actively seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to add to our growing team. A career at EpiVax offers an opportunity to work in an exciting and creative environment with an interdisciplinary team of individuals who are passionate about what they do.
The Postdoctoral Scientist will be responsible for executing scientific research, and carrying out and following through on complex research programs specifically related to the development of vaccines and therapeutic proteins.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Postdoctoral Scientist:
- Plans experimental activities relating to assigned research projects, including scope of work development;
- Uses professional concepts to achieve research program objectives in creative and effective ways;
- Contributes to the development of the lab technology base;
- Adheres to experimental protocols required for product development and lab services;
- Follows guidelines on data entry, conservation, and sharing;
- Presents research findings at internal meetings and conferences;
- Will contribute to scientific literature as well as research proposals and grant applications in collaboration with EpiVax staff;
- Retains accurate records of research findings;
- Analyzes and interprets experimental results;
- May assist in conducting experiments as needed.
The Postdoctoral Scientist will also be responsible for:
- Remaining current on relevant scientific and industry techniques;
- Interfacing with external scientists on collaborative programs;
- Assisting the team with documenting and updating Standard Operating Procedures as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The Postdoctoral Scientist should have strong theoretical and technical background of current laboratory assays and techniques in the areas of Immunology, Cell Biology, Virology, and Molecular Biology. They should have strong communication skills and be current on industry trends. The position requires experience in the following areas:
- Familiarity with immunization protocols for studies in animal models;
- Familiarity with mouse handling, mouse cardiac bleeds, mouse splenectomy, mouse spleen and lymph node processing;
- Experience in flow cytometry and flow analysis using FlowJo software;
- Familiarity with initiating and maintaining primary cell cultures;
- Familiarity with cytometric Bead Array, Binding Assays, ELISA, ELISpot, Fluorospot, SDS Page;
- Proven capability to carry out and follow through complex research programs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
Ph.D. in Immunology or related field is required. Proven track record of laboratory research and leadership, as well as knowledge of current scientific techniques are a must.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
EpiVax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that provides equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time